The Tampa Real Estate Insider is very excited to announce that Rob Turner, the Hillsborough County Property Appraiser will be the guest speaker at our next Tampa Real Estate Meetup Group on January 14th, 2009!!!
Have a question about your property taxes? Here’s your opportunity to ask the property appraiser. Many new to the area looking to invest, as well as homeowners, will be able to ask questions regarding homestead tax exemptions and the recent Amendments to Property Tax Law
Rob Turner, a Virginia native, has been a Florida resident since 1985. After more than 20 years in the banking business, he was elected Property Appraiser in 1996 and was re-elected in 2000 and 2004.
Just a few of Rob Turner’s accomplishments include:
• National Association of Counties Achievement Award, Homestead Exemption Applications made through Title Insurance Companies, 2000
• IAAO MJC Conference Vice Chair in 2003 and Chair in 2004
• IAAO Presidential Citation, 2004-2005
• IAAO Headquarters Relocation Committee, 2005
• IAAO Audit Committee Member, 2005-2006
• Florida Governor’s Property Tax Reform Committee, 2006
• Elected to IAAO International Executive Board, 2008
• Mi-Forms 2007 User of the Year Government Award – Digital pen implementation, speeding staff data input to unprecedented levels, 2008